This first European Vocational Skills Week took place on 5-9 December 2016 with events in Brussels and hundreds of activities in Member States, EFTA and EU candidate countries organised at national, regional and local levels. The presentations from the European Business Forum on Vocational Training are now available online.
This is to improve the attractiveness and image of vocational education and training. We want to showcase excellence and quality and raise awareness of the wide range of opportunities.
- Every single person is talented. Some talents may be obvious, some still hidden.
- Vocational education and training is a smart choice, is fun, and leads to excellence in education, high-quality jobs and increased employability.
- There are great vocational training opportunities that successfully prepare you for interesting and challenging careers, as well as active engagement in society.
- Vocational education and training is a desirable option for people of all ages, and prepares people for jobs the world over.
- Quality training develops the creative and innovative potential of learners.
- Upskilling and reskilling throughout life is key to improved job opportunities and better integration in society.
- Lifelong learning enhances social inclusion, diversity, and active citizenship.
Before and during the main week (5-9 December), activities and events to showcase excellence in vocational education and training will be rolled out across Europe. During the main week, a series of events/activities will also take place in Brussels (press conference, conference, workshops and closing event with award-giving). The week is underpinned by a sustained communication campaign.
We are inviting all stakeholders: learners, parents, companies, business organisations, social partners, education and training providers, adult learning organisations, chambers and other professional organisations, researchers, career counsellors, public authorities, and society at large to get involved. You can register an activity here.
If you are interested in taking part in an event or activity, find it on the Map below and go to the webpage of the event or activity to check out the possibilities to join.
For more information, please send a message to the organisers of the European Vocational Skills Week.
If you are interested to attend the workshops in Brussels on 5-9 December, please contact EMPL-VOCATIONAL-SKILLS-WEEK@ec.europa.eu.