Former network of experts (2003-2013)
This network is no longer active and has been replaced by FreSsco (Free movement of workers and Social security coordination).
The European network on free movement of workers within the European Union coordinated by the University of Nijmegen's Centre for Migration Law (under the European Commission's supervision):
- kept track of legislation on free movement of workers and how it is applied;
- monitored how national courts interpret EU laws;
- raised awareness of the importance of free movement of workers as a fundamental right.
FMW on-line, the network's twice-yearly online journal, aimed to stimulate debate and research on this area of EU law.
The network held:
- three seminars a year on particular themes;
- an annual conference to present the network's work over the previous year – attended by national civil servants, social partners, lawyers and judges.
Presentations – Annual Conference on Free Movement of Workers in Vilnius, Lithuania:
Presentations – Annual Conference on Free Movement of Workers in Valletta, Malta:
More on the network's events