Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion

Family members

When an EU national is working abroad in another EU country, family members also have the right to reside and work in that country, regardless of their nationality. Children have the right to be educated there.

The right to reside

Administrative formalities:

The right to work

Family members:

  • do not need a work permit to work, even if they are non-EU nationals.
  • have the right to equal treatment, including access to all social and tax advantages.

The right to education

Children of EU nationals working abroad in another EU country:

  • have the right to education in the host country, whatever their nationality, on the same terms as nationals of that country
  • must also be given the same access to study grants.

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page