- Expand/Collapse Overview
- European Community Household Panel
- European Union Labour Force Survey
- Community Innovation Survey
- European Union Statistics on Income and Living Conditions
- Structure of Earnings Survey
- Adult Education Survey
- European Road Freight Transport Survey
- European Health Interview Survey
- Continuing Vocational Training Survey
- Community Statistics on information Society
- Micro-Moments Dataset
- Harmonised European Time Use Survey
- Household Budget Survey
- Expand/Collapse Public microdata
Description of dataset
The European Community Household Panel (ECHP) is a panel survey in which a sample of households and persons has been interviewed year after year.
These interviews cover a wide range of topics concerning living conditions. They include detailed income information, financial situation in a wider sense, working life, housing situation, social relations, health and biographical information of the interviewed.
The total duration of the ECHP was 8 years, running from 1994 to 2001 (8 waves). The then Member States involved were Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Sweden and the United Kingdom. As from 2003/2004, the EU-SILC survey covers most of the above-mentioned topics.
ECHP based data in the database
Plenty of the datasets under the Income and living conditions (ILC) domain under theme "Population and social conditions" contain ECHP based data for the above mentioned periods. This includes several indicators on monetary poverty and distribution of income, which are analysed in different ways (eg. different cut-off thresholds, by age, gender, activity status, tenure status...).
There is also a selection of indicators on non-monetary deprivation derived from ECHP, notably on housing conditions.
Some indicators in the health care collections of the public health domain are derived from ECHP as well.