Our products and tools
Our products & tools
Eurostat offers a wealth of information: In order to present our statistics in a user-friendly and understandable way, we produce different products and tools for you which are all free of charge. Discover them now!
Eurostat's database always contains the latest version of the datasets. It is updated twice a day at 11am and 11pm. The statistical data are available free of charge.
Users can download individual datasets by extracting data directly from the database, or for more (technical) advanced users, by using our bulk download facility or via our web services. Below some additional explanation on each of the data extraction tools:
The Data browser is a web application to manage different visualisations (tables, line charts, bar charts and maps), for displaying, charting and downloading statistical data in an easy and interactive way. Its main features are:
- Advanced management of all the available dimensions in the layout.
- Creation of custom views of data, which can be later saved and shared to social media.
- Improved data display mode, by allowing users to use the ‘Summary’ or ‘Highlighted’ mode in different visualisations.
- Many options for customizing the visualizations in tables and graphs mode.
- Download of the data and structural items in various formats: MS Excel, SDMX, TSV, CSV, JSON.
- Map visualisation: now uses the NUTS 2016 boundaries by default and a new NUTS version switcher, which allow users to select the NUTS version in the map visualisation.
Is a common tool to extract data. It provides a single interface, easy to use for all the Eurostat databases, for all types of users. Data is accessible via the navigation tree and displays a table by default. The navigation tree included in the application (with a search function) enables:
- To customize the navigation tree
- To display newly added datasets, last updates and last visited datasets
Table by default can be customized in an interactive and dynamic way:
- Selection (or un-selection) of elements that you want to see (or not) in the table. For each change, possibility to display the modified table is available on the right of the screen;
- Possibility to hide or display selected rows and columns;
- Possibility to interchange rows (or columns) between themselves ;
- Possibility to interchange rows with columns.
The data explorer offers advanced functions for professional users and various download formats for tables: xls, txt, html, spss, pc axis, etc.
Watch the demo tour on how to use the data explorer.
- Bulk download is a tool available for downloading a complete table in TSV format (applicable after Registration) – see the manual for more information.
- SDMX Web Services - a programmatic access to Eurostat data, with the possibility to get a complete list of publicly available datasets, detail the complete structure definition of a given dataset and download a subset of a given dataset or a full dataset.
- JSON and UNICODE Web Services - a programmatic access to Eurostat data, with the possibility to download a subset of a given dataset.
For the time being other data extraction tools are available online:
- Traditional international trade database (Comext) – a tailor-made application for external trade and manufactured goods statistics.
To facilitate the understanding of our data and avoid misinterpretation, we provide information on definitions, classifications, methodologies, legislation and standard code lists on our Metadata page.
In the database, you will find direct links to the methodology for statistical domains either attached to a data folder or individual datasets – please look out for this icon . These metadata provide supporting information on aspects such as collection methods, data treatment, classifications and definitions.
The methodology follows the common Euro-SDMX Metadata Structure (ESMS/SDDS).
Statistical analysis of Eurostat data is provided through a range of products:
- ‘What’s new?’ articles providing short texts and visuals on our data, including first data releases
- Euro indicators releases on the main monthly or quarterly economic indicators
- Various statistical publications
- Statistics Explained, an official Eurostat website presenting statistical topics in an easily understandable way
A detailed release calendar for the forthcoming weeks is available on our website under the tab ‘News’.
In addition, the planning of Euro indicators releases for the whole year is announced in the Euro indicator calendar.
We offer different types of data visualisation products:
- Interactive publications cover a topic using short texts, interactive visualisations and maps, videos, photos, etc.
- Visualisation tools (stand-alone) present data in an attractive and easily understandable way for everyone to explore.
Do you use statistics when you teach? Or are you a student wanting to understand more about statistics?
Then the Education corner is the right place for you!
The Education corner provides tools and explanations which make statistics easier to grasp.