Welcome to the Eurostat website guide
The Eurostat website provides free online access to all of Eurostat's statistical databases, tools, products & services.
To find your way around the website easily, please read our brief explanations and useful tips below.
Find your way around the website
You can navigate on our website by using the main navigation panel on the top:
See below what information each of these tabs has to offer...
The ‘News’ tab offers direct access to our:
- ‘What’s new?’: Online articles covering the full range of our data, including first data releases
- Euro indicators: PDF releases on the main economic monthly or quarterly indicators
- Release calendar
The 'Data' tab provides free access to our data and data services. Depending on your needs, choose your way among the following options:
- Use our database if you want to extract data in different formats or create bookmarks to individual datasets
- Use 'Browse statistics by theme' and select the theme you are interested in if you need some more background information on a topic and its related data
- Use our ‘Statistics A-Z’ listing which provides direct links to the related thematic sections to help you find the information you are looking for
In addition under this tab, you can also access our experimental statistics, find multiple retrieval options for automatic data download and several of our more advanced data tools & services.
Eurostat publishes a wide range of publications, for an overview please refer directly to the publication section. All our publications can be accessed and downloaded free of charge.
In addition, we offer a wiki called Statistics Explained which is an official Eurostat website presenting statistical topics in an easily understandable way. It also offers a glossary clarifying statistical terms and numerous links to further information.
In the 'About Eurostat' tab you can find all the useful information on Eurostat and our organisation, the European statistical system (ESS), the quality of European statistics, EU legislation related to statistics and Eurostat's activities, such as projects, grants, calls for tenders, conferences & events…
Find information using the search function
You can either find information by using the navigation panel with the tabs or you can use the search box on the top right of each page:
Enter a keyword(s) or dataset code related to the data you wish to find. This will produce a results page listing all Eurostat products that contain your keyword(s) as a publication or dataset attribute. The search results can be narrowed down by using the available options on the left hand side of the screen.
Another way to look for the information you are after is to use our ‘Statistics A-Z’.