Statistical programmes - European Statistical System (ESS)
European statistical programme
Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2009 on European statistics constitutes the legal basis for the preparation of the European statistical programme, providing the framework for the development, production and dissemination of European statistics.
Statistical programmes 2021-2027
The European statistical programme 2021-2027 as part of the Single Market Programme is established by Regulation (EU) 2021/690 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 April 2021.
For the part on European statistics, this multi-annual programme is implemented by means of annual programmes which set detailed actions and outputs for each year.
2021 Financing Decision and Work Programme
The Commission adopted the 2021 Financing Decision and Work Programme for the implementation of the European statistical programme 2021-2027 on 6 May 2021.
The structure of this financing decision and work programme is different than in previous years. It consists of:
- A financing decision for the annual implementation of the entire Single Market Programme
- Separate annexes containing the individual work programmes for the respective objectives, including one on European Statistics (in Annex V).
- Commission Implementing Decision on the financing of the Programme for Single Market, competitiveness of enterprises, including small and medium sized enterprises, and European Statistics and the adoption of the work programme for 2021-2024
- Commission Implementing Decision of 29.9.2021 amending the Commission Implementing Decision C(2021) 3046 as regards the implementation of actions under the Single Market Programme
- Annex V: 2021 Work Programme of the Single Market Programme – European Statistics (available only in English language)
- Amendment Annex V: 2021 Work Programme of the Single Market Programme – European Statistics (available only in English language)
- Consolidated Annex V: 2021 Work Programme of the Single Market Programme – European Statistics (available only in English language)
Previous Financing Decisions and Work Programmes
All previous financial decisions and work programmes can be accessed via this Eurostat page where you will also find information on the grants given for each programme.