Welcome to the Eurostat website guide
The Eurostat website provides free online access to all of Eurostat's statistical databases, tools, products and services.
Useful tips and a brief explanation on how to find your way around the website easily can be found below.
Find your way around the website
You can navigate on our website by using the main navigation panel at the top of the page:
For more information on what each of these tabs has to offer, see below.
The Data page provides free access to our data and data services. You can choose among the following options:
- Database: If you want to extract data in different formats or create bookmarks to individual datasets.
- Statistical themes: Select the theme you are interested in if you need some more background information on a topic and its related data.
- Stats finder A-Z: This listing provides direct links to the related thematic sections to help you find your information.
- Experimential statistics: This section offers you access and information on new data sources and methods
- Data visualisations: This page provides an overview of all interactive visualisation tools, sorted by theme.
- Education corner: This section offers material for teachers and students.
You can also find more advanced data tools and services, like multiple retrieval options for automatic data download, our geographical information system (GICSO) and how to obtain access to microdata.
The News page offers direct access to the following sections:
- News articles: Online articles covering the full range of our data, including first data releases
- Euro indicators: PDF releases on the main economic monthly or quarterly indicators
- Podcasts: Monthly episodes about statistical topics of interest
- Events: An overview of upcoming and past events
- Release calendar: For planned and running releases of data
Eurostat publishes a wide range of publications. For an overview please refer directly to the publication section. All our publications can be accessed and downloaded free of charge.
A wiki called Statistics Explained is also provided. This official Eurostat website presents statistical topics in an easily understandable way. It also offers a glossary clarifying statistical terms and numerous links to further information.
The About us section offers useful information on Eurostat and our organisation. Additionally, facts and figures on the European statistical system (ESS), the quality of European statistics, and EU legislation related to statistics can be found. Details on Eurostat's activities, such as projects, grants, calls for tenders, conferences, and events can also be accessed.
In the Contact us section, you can find information on how to get in touch with us, about our social media channels, where our offices are located and how you can organise a visit at Eurostat.
Find information using the search function
You can find information by either using the navigation panel with the tabs, or the search box on the top right of each page.
Enter a keyword(s) or dataset code related to the data you wish to find. This will produce a results page listing all Eurostat products that contain your keyword(s) as a publication or dataset attribute. The search results can be narrowed down by using the available options on the left-hand side of the screen.
Another way to look for the information you are after is to use our Stats finder A-Z section.
You might also be interested in