Legislation - Migration and Asylum
Key legal documents
- European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 862/2007 on Community statistics on migration and international protection and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 311/76 on the compilation of statistics on foreign workers (amended by Regulation (EU) 2020/851)
- Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/431 granting derogations to certain Member States from Regulation (EC) No 862/2007
Additional legal acts
Futhermore, a number of European legal acts in the area of asylum and migration policy are relevant for the compilation and reporting of Asylum and Dublin statistics:
- Qualification Directive on standards for the qualification of non-EU nationals and stateless persons as beneficiaries of international protection, for a uniform status for refugees or for persons eligible for subsidiary protection
- Asylum Procedures Directive on common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection
- Reception Conditions Directive laying down standards for the reception of applicants for international protection
- Dublin Regulation establishing the criteria and mechanisms for determining the Member State responsible for examining an application for international protection lodged in one of the Member States by a third-country national or stateless person
- EURODAC Regulation on the access to the EU fingerprint database of asylum seekers.
For the full list of legislative acts, please visit the E-library of the Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs (DG HOME).