Conference on the Europe 2020 Project Bond Initiative
This Conference serves as an integral part of the stakeholder consultation for the Europe 2020 Project Bond Initiative launched by the European Commission and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Commissioner Olli Rehn and EIB President Philippe Maystadt opened the conference.
The European Commission and the EIB then presented and explained of the Initiative in detail, followed by three consecutive roundtables:
- Session 1: Synthesis: Advantages and disadvantages compared to the current financing models.
- Session 2: Demand View: Investor requirements in terms of deal structure
- Session 3: Supply View: Expected impact of the project bond initiative on capital market funding of projects
Please download for further information:
Date and venue
Monday, 11 April 2011, 9h00 – 17h00
Albert Borschette Conference Centre, Brussels
Agenda and documents
- 09.00-09.45 - Opening by Commissioner Olli Rehn and Philippe Maystadt, President of the EIB
Speech1(37 kB) , Speech2(326 kB) , presentation Rehn(122 kB) , presentation Maystadt (270 kB)
- 09.45-10.45 - Presentation of the Project Bond Initiative and infrastructure market
Gerassimos Thomas, DG ECFIN and Pierluigi Gilibert, EIB. Followed by Q&A session
presentation1(281 kB) , presentation2(683 kB)
- 10.45-12.15 - Round Table 1: Advantages and disadvantages compared to current financing models
- Chaired by: Thomas Barrett, EIB
- 13.15-13.30 - European Parliament – EU Investment Needs to Support Growth
Sharon Bowles, MEP, ALDE Sh. Bowles(104 kB)
- 13.30-15.00 - Round Table 2: Demand view: Investor requirements in terms of deal structure
- Chaired by: Anna Krzyzanowska, DG INFSO
- 15.00-16.30 - Round Table 3: Supply view: Expected impact of the project bond initiative on the capital market funding of projects
- Chaired by: Jean-Eric Paquet, DG MOVE
- 16.30-17.00 - Closing remarks
Philip Lowe, DG ENER Closing(98 kB)
Please note that for non-Commission presentations, copyright rests with the author(s).