DS Quality> Quality monitoring > Quality reporting EN RV
In the European Statistical System (ESS), the quality of statistical processes and outputs is assessed and reported based on three aspects:
- standardised rules
- reporting structures
- using a common technical environment called the ESS Metadata Handler.
The ESS quality reporting standard is the Single Integrated Metadata Structure (SIMS).
Tools and standards
- ESS handbook for quality and metadata reports (re-edition 2021)
- Single Integrated Metadata Structure Guidelines v2.0 (2019)
- ESS Quality and Performance Indicators (2014)
- Single Integrated Metadata Structure v 2.0 – ESMS 2.0 and ESQRS 2.0 (2015)
- ESS Quality Glossary (part of CODED - Eurostat Concepts and Definitions Database)
- Checklist for Survey Managers (DESAP)
- Checklist for Survey Managers (DESAP) condensed version
- Electronic DESAP-E checklist
- Electronic DESAP user guide