The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 5) 'Gender equality' aims to end all forms of discrimination, violence, and any harmful practices against women and girls. It also calls for the full participation of women at all levels of political and economic decision-making.
In an EU context, SDG 5 focuses on progress made in abating gender-based violence and in fostering gender equality in education, employment and leadership positions.
How is your country doing?
What is the difference in employment rates of women and men in your country? How has the gender pay gap changed? Or the share of women in senior management?
The various visualisation tools in our interactive publication ‘SDGs & me’ will help you to easily explore and evaluate the situation of your country as well as compare it to others.
Select your country in the header below and choose different indicators of SDG 5:
You can also discover the new visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’ to see where your country stands compared to the EU average:
For more information:
- Eurostat interactive publication ‘SDGs & me’
- Eurostat visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’
- Eurostat 2021 edition of the monitoring report and its summary brochure
- Eurostat set of Statistics Explained articles on Sustainable development in the EU
- Eurostat website section dedicated to the EU Sustainable development indicators
- Eurostat database on the EU Sustainable development indicators
- European Commission: SDG Policy Mapping tool
- UN webpage dedicated to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
To contact us, please visit our User Support page.
For press queries, please contact our Media Support.