Methodology - International trade in services
The services categories are described in the Extended Balance of Payments Services Classification (EBOPS 2010), which is consistent with the Balance of Payments Manual, 6th Edition (BPM6), but provides for more detailed breakdowns of the BPM6 classification.
In Eurostat's metadata database RAMON, a correspondence table between the EBOPS 2010 and the statistical classification of products by activity (CPA 2008) is available (see link on the right hand side) allowing to move and find correspondence between the two classifications for analytical purposes.
Further information can be found in the available Eurostat metadata document.
For more information, see also:
- Sixth Edition of the IMF's Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual (BPM6)
- Compilers Guide for the Manual of Balance of Payments and International Investment Position
- GATS General Agreement of Trade in Services
- Manual of the Statistics on International Trade in Services 2010 (MSITS 2010)
- Manual of the Statistics on International Trade in Services Compiler's Guide