Working / Expert Groups - EPSAS
Working Group on EPSAS and other Expert Groups
The Working Group on EPSAS was set-up in September 2015, to build on the work of the Task Forces and to establish a more permanent forum concerned with the development, introduction and operation of EPSAS.
The Working Group is a technical experts group. Discussion inform the Commission's work concerning EPSAS and focus on unresolved issues. In particular, the Working Group should identify the key issues for EPSAS governance and standards, and discuss how to develop and introduce suitable EPSAS structures and requirements.
For more information:
Links to documents of EPSAS Working Groups
- Eleventh meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 28-29/04/2021
- Tenth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 9-10/11/2020
- Ninth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 18-19/11/2019
- Eighth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 13-14/05/2019
- Seventh meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 19-20/11/2018
- Sixth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 7-8/5/2018
- Fifth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 21-22/11/2017
- Fourth meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 26-27/4/2017
- Third meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 22-23/11/ 2016
- Second meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 7-8/07/2016
- First meeting of the EPSAS Working Group 15-16/09/2015
Links to documents of EPSAS Expert Groups (Cells)
During the first meeting of the Working Group, held in September 2015, Eurostat proposed reducing the complexity of the EPSAS project by splitting it into smaller topics that could be tackled by individual expert groups before being discussed with the Working Group. A number of so-called small expert groups, called “cells”, were set up:
- EPSAS Cell First Time Implementation
- EPSAS Cell on governance principles
- EPSAS Cell on Principles related to EPSAS Standards
EPSAS update to the Working Group members and observers
Please find below the relevant documents:
Prior to the establishment of the Working Group two Task Forces were created with specific mandates.
Task Force EPSAS Governance was created to exchange views with the Member States' authorities on possible future governance arrangements and underlying key principles of EPSAS. The Task Force should assist Eurostat to identify the key issues for EPSAS governance; discuss how to balance those issues, and thereby assist Eurostat to develop a model for the EPSAS governance structure.
Task Force EPSAS Standards was created to exchange views with the Member States' authorities on technical aspects of the standards. The Task Force should assist Eurostat to:
- analyse the most contentious IPSASs and address the concrete difficulties encountered with some of the IPSASs in practice, and ways to overcome them;
- analyse the possibility to reduce burden, and complexity of the standards for small public entities;
- discuss the implementation of standards via a progressive batched approach.
Documentation for both task forces is available in the public library of our CircaBC website.
If you are not re-directed to the CIRCABC site of the EPSAS interest group, please paste the link directly into your browser.