The European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing launches its “Invitation for Commitment”
© Andre Nantel | Dreamstime
The European Commission’s European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing has formally launched its “Invitation for Commitment”, a call for all stakeholders who wish to be involved in implementing the Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP) adopted in November 2011.
The Strategic Implementation Plan outlines a common vision and a set of operational priority actions to address the challenge of ageing through innovation. The SIP foresees a first set of specific actions to be launched during the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations 2012:
- Innovative ways to ensure patients follow their prescriptions – a concerted action in at least 30 European regions;
- Innovative solutions to prevent falls and support early diagnosis for older people;
- Co-operation to help prevent functional decline and frailty, with a particular focus on malnutrition;
- Spread and promote successful innovative integrated care models for chronic diseases amongst older patients, such as through remote monitoring. Action should be taken in a number of the EU’s regions;
- Improve the uptake of interoperable ICT independent living solutions through global standards to help older people stay independent, mobile and active for longer.
All stakeholders who wish to be involved in the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing have an opportunity to do so through the following means:
- Invitation for Commitment - A process allowing interested parties to submit their commitments to be an active partner in the implementation of the Specific Actions of the EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing.
- Invitation for Expression of Intent for candidate Reference Site - A process enabling interested parties to submit their intention to be a candidate to become a Reference Site of the EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing.
- Marketplace for innovative ideas - An interactive online platform, open to all stakeholders willing to get involved in the Partnership.
- Innovation support - All stakeholders, who provide online digital services, and are willing to contribute to the development of the EIP by providing innovation support and acceleration are welcome.
More detailed information about the partnership available at its dedicated website.