The European Pillar of Social Rights is our social strategy to make sure that the transitions of climate-neutrality, digitalisation and demographic change are socially fair and just. It builds upon 20 key principles.
To support the implementation of the Pillar, the Commission launches a broad discussion with all EU countries and regions, and with all our partners:
- the European Parliament and national parliaments, representing the people of Europe
- the Council and national governments and official authorities at regional/local level, representing the countries of Europe
- EU institutions and relevant agencies
- the social partners, representing employers and employees
- civil society, the crucial voices on the issues about which our citizens care so deeply
- academia, think tanks and citizens.
Together, we will upgrade Europe’s social market economy to fit the opportunities and challenges of today and tomorrow and ensure just transitions for all.
The Commission therefore invites all partners to present their views until 30 November 2020 on new policy action or legal initiatives needed on different levels (EU, national, regional, local) and/or pledge concrete commitments as a Member State, region, city or organisation towards implementing the Pillar.
The Commission will promote and support events and debates related to all issues covered by the principles of the Pillar at national, regional and local level. We will seek the active engagement and participation of all our partners.