Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2020)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Maternity and paternity benefits
Family benefits

Benefits for those in need of care
Health insurance benefits in kind in the event of illness
Health insurance cash benefits in the event of illness

Disability benefits
Benefits for accidents at work and occupational diseases
"Social compensation" benefits

Old-age and survivors
Pensions and other old age benefits
Survivors' benefits

Social assistance
Guaranteed minimum resources

Unemployment benefits

Moving abroad
Previous benefits (in other EU countries) may be taken into account.

Main residence
"Habitual residence"

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page