Advice on apprenticeship and traineeship schemes
The EU is supporting Member States to develop high quality apprenticeship and traineeship programmes to:
- make the school-to-work transition easier
- equip young people with the right skills and experience for sustainable employment.
The advice service on apprenticeship and traineeship schemes is available until the end of 2014 and provides:
A Helpdesk on apprenticeship and traineeship schemes to provide strategic, operational and policy advice for:
- policy makers at national, regional and local level in the areas of youth employment, education and training policies
- ESF Managing Authorities
- relevant national and regional agencies
- social partners or their members
who are planning, setting up, running or evaluating apprenticeship and traineeship schemes.
Questions related to ESF procedures and eligibility, including by ESF project promoters, should be directed to your national ESF Managing Authority.
Research into apprenticeship and traineeship programmes
- Review of existing apprenticeship and traineeship programmes identifying the most successful and cost-effective approaches for young people, governments, employers and wider society
- Guidebook summarising the findings of the review, with accompanying technical annexes and translated country fiches
- Summary of relevant apprenticeship and traineeship programmes planned under the new ESF programming period 2014-2020 (available summer 2014)
- Conference in June 2013 to exchange good practice in setting up and running apprenticeship and traineeship schemes and identify the need for assistance by the Member States.
- Learning seminar in February 2014 to enhance knowledge on the evaluation of apprenticeship and traineeship schemes for those responsible for setting up and running schemes.
- Awareness-raising activities organised in the Member States to bring the project closer to the businesses, educational institutions and young people:
- European Policy Advice on Apprenticeship and Traineeship Schemes’ workshop on 7 March 2014 in London, organised under the National Apprenticeship Week in England
- Apprenticeship schemes across Europe: Key Success Factors,’ key note speech in Vilnius on 23 April 2014, as part of a national conference ‘The role of practical training: apprenticeship in the formation of practical skills,’ organised by the Ministry of Education and Science
- Apprenticeship initiatives in the EU’ key note speech at the ‘European Apprenticeship conference: Steering partnerships for growth’, organised by Cedefop on 7-8 May 2014, in Thessaloniki
Join the LinkedIn Group!
- Connect with high-level apprenticeship and traineeship stakeholders
- Share your news and activities
- Stay on top of the latest European and national developments
Visit http://bit.ly/esfnetwork and click ‘Join Group’.
The support service is provided by Ecorys on behalf of the European Commission. It is financed by ESF technical assistance, European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion.