Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2022)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Health care
Sickness benefits (sick pay)
Long-term care

Persons with disabilities
Temporary incapacity to work
Accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
Survivors’ pension

Social assistance
Social benefits
Social programmes and services for supporting people with disabilities and elderly

Unemployment benefit

Moving abroad
Accumulation of periods of social insurance cover from the European Union and the European Economic Area

Main residence
Habitual residence

Maternity and paternity
Family child benefits
Other family allowances and benefits

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page