OCS for ECIs
Online Collection Software to support European Citizens' Initiatives
"Thank you for providing and helping us setting our online collection system."
- Ed Alvarado, organiser of EU Citizenship for Europeans initiative
You are the organiser of a European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) and wish to gather statements of support online.
We can provide you with a reusable tool that permits the online collection of statements of support in a way that complies with the Regulation on the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) regarding the format and data collected, as well as with security and technical requirements.
The software makes it easier for organisers of ECIs to comply with legal requirements and to have their online collection systems certified by the relevant Member State authorities.
The OCS is an Open Source web application available for free download.
In September 2017, a new version of the OCS was released with improved administration interface in desktop and mobile versions. The system also offers new social media features.
38 out of 47 ECIs launched in Europe so far.
"OCS allows CTIE to faster certify ECI online collection systems and to validate more efficiently the signatures of citizens supporting an ECI, saving us time and efforts."
- Gilles Feith, Luxembourg Government CIO and CTIE Director, Luxembourg's Government IT Center (CTIE)
contact email: email@example.com
Four of the initiatives have collected more than 1 million signatures:
- Stop vivisection (1,173,130 signatures)
- One of us (1,721,626 signatures)
- Water and sanitation are human rights! Water is a public right and not a commodity! (1,659,543 signatures)
- Ban glyphosate and protect people and the environment from toxic pesticides (1,070,865 signatures)