OCS for ECIs
Online Collection Software to support European Citizens' Initiatives
You are the organiser of a European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) and wish to gather statements of support online.
We can provide you with a reusable tool that permits the online collection of statements of support in a way that complies with the Regulation on the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) regarding the format and data collected, as well as with security and technical requirements.
The software makes it easier for organisers of ECIs to comply with legal requirements and to have their online collection systems certified by the relevant Member State authorities.
The OCS is an Open Source web application available for free download.
In 2017, a new version of the OCS was released with improved administration interface in desktop and mobile versions. The system also offers new social media features.
The latest release (OCS 3.0) from July 2019 improves accessibility, maintainability and evolution of the application.
From April 2012 to April 2019, 45 out of 57 ECIs have used this software.
- Gilles Feith, Luxembourg Government CIO and CTIE Director, Luxembourg's Government IT Center (CTIE)
contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Thank you for providing and helping us setting our online collection system."
- Ed Alvarado, organiser of EU Citizenship for Europeans initiative
Four of the initiatives have collected more than 1 million signatures:
- Stop vivisection (1,173,130 signatures)
- One of us (1,721,626 signatures)
- Water and sanitation are human rights! Water is a public right and not a commodity! (1,659,543 signatures)
- This ECI was the first one that lead to a European Commission's proposal for the legislation revision.
- Ban glyphosate and protect people and the environment from toxic pesticides (1,070,865 signatures)