Glossary:Economic sentiment indicator (ESI)
The economic sentiment indicator, abbreviated as ESI, is a composite indicator made up of five sectoral confidence indicators with different weights:
- industrial confidence indicator (40 %);
- construction confidence indicator (5 %);
- services confidence indicator (30 %);
- consumer confidence indicator (20 %);
- retail trade confidence indicator (5 %).
The economic sentiment indicator is published monthly by the European Commission.
- Short-term business statistics and the economic sentiment indicator (background article)
- Confidence indicator
- Principal European economic indicators (PEEI)
- Short-term business statistics (STS)