The DGINS Conference was created on 15 July 1953 in Luxembourg and was acting then as the predecessor of the Statistical Programme Committee (SPC).
The Conference is held once a year with the aim of discussing topics related to the statistical programme and methods and processes for the production of Community statistics. It is hosted each year by a different Member State and the Director General of the host country chairs the conference.
The DGINS conference 2017 will take place from 20 to 21 September in Budapest, Hungary. The DGINS 2017 conference features a statistical session focusing on the topic of "Population Movements and Integration Issues - Migration Statistics" and an internal session on "ESS Strategy beyond 2020".
Themes of previous DGINS Conferences:
- 2016, Vienna, Austria: Statistics on income, consumption and wealth
- 2015, Lisbon, Portugal: Indicators for decision making and monitoring
- 2014, Riga, Latvia: Towards global business statistics
- 2013, Scheveningen, The Netherlands: "ESS future and how we get there", "New round of Peer reviews" and "Big Data"
- 2012, Prague, Czech Republic: Meeting new needs on statistics for green economy and Coordination of statistics and geospatial information
- 2011, Wiesbaden, Germany: Next generation of the Code of Practice and New conceptual design for household and social statistics
- 2010, Sofia, Bulgaria: Measuring progress, well-being and sustainable development
- 2009, Malta: Migration - Statistical Mainstreaming
- 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania: Reduction of the administrative burden through official statistics
- 2007, Budapest, Hungary: The ESS response to globalisation - are we doing enough?
- 2006, Cracow, Poland: Making the system work
- 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark: The challenge of communicating statistics
- 2003, Athens, Greece: Social statistics in the enlarged EU
- 2002, Palermo, Italy: The future of the European Statistical System
- Vienna memorandum "Statistics on income, consumption and wealth", adopted by the ESSC on 28th September 2016
- Lisbon memorandum "Indicators for decision making and monitoring", adopted by the ESSC on 25th September 2015
- Riga Memorandum "Towards better measurement of the globalised economy", adopted by the ESSC on 26 September 2014
- Scheveningen Memorandum "Big Data and Official Statistics", adopted by the ESSC on 27 September 2013
- Prague memorandum "Meeting new needs on statistics for the green economy", adopted by the ESSC on 26 September 2012
- Wiesbaden memorandum "New conceptual design for household and social statistics" , adopted by the ESSC on 28 September 2011
For further information:
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the ESSC Secretariat: Aaron Cachia, Tel. (352) 4301-36061; Dietmar Maass, Tel. (352) 4301-36025, Fax (352) 4301-30774.