Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2020)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

State child benefits
Child-raising allowance
Family support benefit

Sickness benefits
Health insurance

Invalidity pensions
Work accidents and occupational illnesses

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pensions
Survivors' pensions

Social assistance
Social aid
Long-term care


Moving abroad
How are contributions in another country calculated?

Main residence
Place of residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page