Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2022)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Family Benefits
Maternity Benefits

Long-term care
Sickness Benefits

Invalidity Pension
Benefit Claim for Injury at Work and Disease/Medical Condition related to Work

Old-age and survivors
Pension for Widows/Widowers and Survivors
Contributory Pension for Retirement

Social assistance
Minimum Resources

Unemployment Benefit

Moving abroad
Previous coverage abroad can count

Main residence
Habitual Residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page