Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2020)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Family benefits
Maternity and paternity benefits

Sickness cash benefits
Long-term care
Other sickness cash benefits

Invalidity pension
Benefits for workplace accidents and occupational illnesses
Vocational rehabilitation benefits

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pensions and benefits
Pensions in favour of survivors

Social assistance
Social inclusion income and other social assistance benefits


Moving abroad
Combining periods of insurance or residence abroad

Main residence
Usual residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page