Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2020)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Family allowances
Maternity and paternity allowances

Health care
Health benefits in cash
Long-term care

Disability pension
Long-term care

Old-age and survivors
Pensions and old age benefits
Benefits for surviving spouses

Social assistance
Income support (RSA)
Other benefits


Moving abroad
Combining social security contributions of foreign countries

Main residence
Notion of usual or main residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page