Sectoral social dialogue
Social dialogue in this sector covers:
- production, distribution, trade and transmission of electricity.
In the EU, the electricity sector employs around 800,000 people.
The Committee is currently focusing on:
- skills needs
- demographic change
- corporate social responsibility
- safety and security in the nuclear industry
- energy community
- the social dimension of the transition to a low-carbon economy, e.g. the strong impact on the sector and on employment shifts between sectors.
Activities and meetings
Check the library entries for this sectoral social dialogue committee.
- First follow-up of Joint position on the social aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility - Positive actions on Training/Health & safety/Equal opportunity & Diversity (2014)
- Joint position on the 2030 Framework for Climate and Energy Policies (2013)
- Joint Framework of Action on Competencies, qualifications and anticipation of change in the European electricity sector (2013)
- Joint position on security and safety in the nuclear industry (2011)
- Joint position on smart meters (2010)
See also "European sectoral social dialogue – recent developments" (2010 brochure).