Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Parental benefits

Conditions for the provision of healthcare
Incapacity benefits

Disability pension
Severe disability allowances
Accident at work and occupational disease

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pension
Death of a relative

Social assistance
Benefit in material need

What to do when I lose my job?

Moving abroad
Aggregation of insurance periods

Main residence
Residence (usual residence)