Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2018)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.


Incapacity benefits

Invalidity pension
Severe disability allowances
Accident at work and occupational diseases
Sickness cash benefits

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pension
Survivor´s benefits and Funeral Grant

Social assistance
Assistance in material need

Unemployment benefits

Moving abroad
Contributions paid abroad can count

Main residence
Habitual residence

Share this page