Communication: towards the elimination of female genital mutilation
On the occasion of the International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women, the European Commission has announced a new push to combat female genital mutilation (FGM) in the European Union and beyond. The policy communication from the Commission sets out a series of actions to work towards the elimination of FGM. It also reiterates the EU's commitment to combating violence against women and eliminating FGM, both in the EU and at global level.
Press Pack on Communication: Towards the elimination of female genital mutilation
- COM(2013) 833: European Commission Communication: Towards the elimination of female genital mutilation
- Press Release: International Day for ElImination of Violence Against Women: European Commission takes action to combat Female Genital Mutilation
- Consultation on combating female genital mutilation in the EU
- Facebook page on European Commission Campaign: 'Zero Tolerance for FGM'
- European Commission web page on eliminating female genital mutilation
- Advisory Committee opinion on an EU initiative on female genital mutilation (2013)
- Joint Statement on the International Day against Female Genital Mutilation (6 February 2013)
- Zero Tolerance to FGM - Testimonials trailer
- Zero Tolerance to FGM - Naana Otoo-Yortey
- Zero Tolerance to FGM - Ifrah Ahmed
- Zero Tolerance to FGM - Khady Koita