A platform to test IT systems, services and products
2016.25 Interoperability Test Bed (ITB)
You are a European public administration or a potential vendor wishing to integrate your IT solution into an existing trans-European IT system.
What is this action about?
ITB (Interoperability Test Bed) will provide a platform for hosting reference implementations of cross-border services. It will enable Member States’ public administrations and their potential vendors to test existing national systems as well as individual services or products, against a neutral, reliable and responsive reference test environment.
The test bed shall be cross-border, cross-application and shall foster the uptake of cross-border services developed by research projects and pilots. In addition, research projects can benefit from an additional test.
What are the objectives?
- To test the technical integration of IT systems in national infrastructures
- To foster the take- up of cross-border services developed by research projects and pilots
- To secure the continuous operation of building blocks for cross-border services for further testing and development
The ITB addresses all relevant aspects of a test environment:
- Organizational aspects: for secure and efficient operations and for cross-border, cross-sector applications
- Technical aspects: provision of an interoperability test-bed.
- Business aspects provision of business models for sustainability
What are the benefits?
- Easier and faster integration of national solutions
- Easier reuse of building blocks for cross-border services
What are the next steps?
In 2018, the action will continue to help develop and improve the test bed software and hosting.