Bodies promoting equal treatment and supporting workers in the European Union and their family members
The organisations designated under the Directive on measures facilitating the exercise of rights conferred on workers in the context of freedom of movement for workers, so-called bodies, are empowered to
- promote equal treatment,
- analyse the problems faced by Union workers and members of their family,
- study possible solutions
- provide specific assistance.
Such independent legal and/or other assistance includes
- legal advice on the application of the relevant Union and national rules on free movement of workers,
- provision of information about complaint procedures,
- help to protect the rights of workers and members of their family.
- In some countries it may also include assistance in legal proceedings.
Click on a flag to find out the contact details of the bodies (the list so far does not include information on Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania and the United Kingdom