Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how

to go about claiming it.

Maternity and paternity
Child benefit
Support with caring for young children

Public Healthcare
Sickness allowance
Services and support for the elderly and people with disabilities
Support for carers
Reimbursements for the cost of medical treatment

Disability benefits
Accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pension
Disability pension
Family pension

Social assistance
Social assistance


Moving abroad
How living abroad affects benefits
Moving to Finland

Main residence
Principle place of residence