Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child benefit (doplatak za dijete).
Maternity/paternity benefits (rodiljne i roditeljske potpore)
Other family benefits

Benefits in kind (healthcare) (davanja u naravi – zdravstvena skrb)
Benefits for caregivers (davanja za njegovatelje)
Long-term care benefits (dugoroćna davanja za njegu)
Cash benefits (sick leave) (davanje u novcu – bolovanje)

Disability benefits (davanja za invalidnost)
Accidents at work and occupational diseases (povreda na radu i profesionalna bolest)

Old-age and survivors
Social benefits in Croatia - Old-age pension
Survivor's pension (obiteljska mirovina)

Social assistance
Social assistance (socijalna pomoć)
Services for people in need (usluge za osobe u potrebi)

Unemployment benefits (naknada za nezaposlenost)

Moving abroad
Previous insurance also counts (zbrajanje razdoblja ranijih osiguranja)

Main residence
Habitual residence