ESA 2010 and SNA 2008
The European System of National and Regional Accounts 2010 (ESA2010) was published in the Official Journal on 26 June 2013 and implemented as from September 2014; i.e. from that date onwards the data transmissions from Member States to Eurostat have to follow ESA 2010 rules.
The ESA 2010 is broadly consistent with the System of National Accounts 2008 (SNA2008), the world-level harmonised reference methodology for national accounts.
Formally, the ESA is a legal act, it has more precise definitions and it is intended as reference guide, whereas the SNA includes more explanations and background information, and it can be used as a teaching handbook for statisticians worldwide.
Main methodological references
- Eurostat Handbook on price and volume measures in national accounts
- Manual on the changes between ESA95 and ESA2010 - 2014 edition
- Manual on measuring Research and Development in ESA 2010
- Manual on goods sent abroad for processing - 2014 edition
- Manual on regional accounts methods - 2013 edition
- Handbook on quarterly national accounts - 2013 edition
- Manual on Government Deficit and Debt - Implementation of ESA 2010 - 2014 edition
- Eurostat-OECD Methodological Manual on Purchasing Power Parities
- Essential SNA - Building the basics - 2014 edition
- Seasonal adjustment and working day correction
- Guidelines on Seasonal adjustment by the Task Force on Seasonal Adjustment QNA
- ESS Guidelines on Seasonal Adjustment
- Questionnaire on Quarterly National Account
- Eurostat-OECD survey on national practices in estimating net stock of structures
- Eurostat-OECD guide on land estimation
- OECD Manual measuring capital
- OECD Handbook measuring the non-observed economy
- IMF - Quarterly national accounts manual
A chronological list of manuals and guidelines can be found on the ESA 2010 information website.