In 2017, Canada and the EU started a bilateral dialogue on employment, social affairs and decent work, based on the Strategic Partnership Agreement. The aim of this bilateral dialogue is to deepen the cooperation and provide a forum for peer learning and knowledge sharing between the two administrations.
- First meeting of the EU-Canada bilateral dialogue on employment, social affairs and decent work (December 12-13, Brussels)
The Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) is an intergovernmental Euro-Mediterranean organisation bringing together all countries of the European Union and 15 countries of the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean. One of the UfM's priorities is to promote business development and employment.
Regular meetings of the High-Level Working Group on Employment and Labour and the Social Dialogue Forum take place to discuss employment, employability and decent work. They bring together government representatives, social partners (employer organisations and trade unions) and labour experts. In addition, meetings are organised at the Ministerial level at regular intervals.
- 4th Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour (2-3 April 2019, Cascais, Portugal)
- 8th meeting of the UfM High-Level Working Group on Employment and Labour and Seminar on the integration of refugees and migrants in the labour market (23 October 2018, Brussels)
- 7th meeting of the UfM High-Level Working Group on Employment and Labour (21-22 March 2018, Brussels)
- 6th meeting of the Union for the Mediterranean High-Level Working Group on Employment and Labour (28-29 March 2017, Barcelona)
- 3rd Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour (26-27 September 2016, Dead Sea, Jordan)