As of today it is possible to join two new Urban Agenda Partnerships, which will focus on the following areas:
- Security in public spaces (I)
- Culture and cultural heritage (II).
The Call is open for:
- Member States, which have the possibility to nominate themselves, and Partner States, which must be nominated by one of the following entities: Member States, URBACT, the Committee of the Regions, EUROCITIES, or the Council European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR). Application through this link.
- Urban authorities, including regions, city consortiums and national city umbrella organisations, which, as stated in the Pact of Amsterdam, must be nominated by one of the following entities: Member States, URBACT, the Committee of the Regions, EUROCITIES, or CEMR. In the case of no nomination, urban authorities will have to indicate by which entity they want to be nominated. The Technical Secretariat will forward the request to the indicated entity. Urban authorities, regions, city consortium and national city umbrella organisations can apply through this link.
Your interest, backed by a clear description of your motivation, expertise and capacity to contribute to the work of the Partnership should be submitted before the 15th of July. On the 14th of November the DGUM (DG meeting coordinating the activities of the Urban Agenda for the EU) will decide on the composition of the Partnerships. You will be informed shortly after if you have been selected to become a member and/or a coordinator of one of the two Partnerships.
What do you need to do if you are interested to become a partner and/or coordinator of the Partnership?
- Get informed about the Urban Agenda of the EU. What are the objectives and how is it working? Find more information here and here.
- Ensure to have a good understanding and experience of the issue, the necessary political/high level support and capacity. Please refer to the following documents and links identified by the DGUM (DG meeting on Urban Matters including MS, Commission, CoR, CEMR and EUROCITIES):
- For Culture & Cultural Heritage: European year of cultural heritage and the Urbact practice.
- For security in Public Space: the call for proposals which is being launched under the Urban Innovative Actions.
- Fill in this form if you are a Member or Partner State, or this one if you are an urban authority, a region, a city consortium or a national city umbrella organisation.
- In case you are an urban authority, Partner State, region, city consortium or national city umbrella organisation, you must indicate if one of the relevant entities (Member States, URBACT, CoR, EUROCITIES, CEMR) has confirmed that they nominate your organisation. If this is not the case, you will have to choose which of the above-mentioned entities you would like to be nominated by. The form will be sent to the indicated entity and it will contact you.
- If you would like to become a coordinator of one of the two Partnerships, indicate it in the form.
- Submit the template before the 15th of July 2018.