About the Innovation Radar Prize 2017
The public was invited to vote for their favourite innovators from among these 48 in a month long public vote that closed on 15 October 2017. On the basis of this vote the 20 finalists who get to compete in the Innovation Radar final were identified.
Nominees are grouped into five categories:
- Tech for Society – recognising technologies impacting society and citizens
- Excellent Science - cutting-edge science underpinning tomorrow's technological advances
- Industrial & Enabling Tech - the next generation of tech and components supporting industry
- Best Young SME - recognising dynamic young SMEs (established in 2011 or later) who are developing great innovations with EU-funding
- Best early stage innovation - recognising innovations showing promise at early stages of EU-funded projects
This public vote decided which 4 innovators go forward from each category to the final (the top 4 in each category in terms of votes secured makes the final). The 20 finalists get to pitch their plans for going to market with their EU-funded tech to a jury of experts at the ICT Proposers' Day in Budapest (9 November 2017).