Consultation on FET Flagships for Horizon 2020 next Work Programme.
-- still open for comments --
This consultation aimed at identifying great research ideas that could lead to new technologies. Could they become real if Europe's best minds are put together to work on it? Share your view and the European Commission can make it happen via its Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) programme.
The consultation is now closed for new ideas but we still encourage you to comment on the ideas that have been submitted.
This consultation aims to identify promising and potentially game-changing themes for future research in technological, multidisciplinary domains leading to innovations with important economic and societal benefits for Europe, in particular boosting investments for growth and jobs. This will allow the FET programme to respond better to the transformation of science and technology as the boundaries between disciplines are blurred, and data driven approaches bring digital technologies to the core of how science is done, in line with the changes we see in the economy.
This consultation takes place in the context of the preparation for the FET Work Programme for the period 2018-2020 of Horizon 2020, and concerns specifically the FET Flagship scheme. Note that another consultation dedicated to the FET Proactive scheme is available here.
Read more about the objective of the consultation and background on FET (pdf)
The deadline for submitting new ideas for this consultation was 30 April.
These new ideas are now being analysed in detail in the context of the WP 2018-2020 preparation. We strongly encourage you to provide comments to the submitted ideas listed here below
Contributions to FET Flagships consultation:
- Direct Conversion of Solar Energy: Renewables and More
- Building a Synthetic Cell
- Robot Companions for Citizens++
- Universal Digital European Finance EDUF
- Quantum Engineering for Silicon Technology
- Computational Socio-Geonomics/Metaloger, The Peoples' Toolkit
- Venice Time Machine Flagship
- The Future of Health Care: deep data, smart sensors, virtual patients and the Internet-of-Humans
- The 4DNucleome Initiative in Europe
- HOPE (Human Organ Printing Era)
- Climate change impacts along the agro-food chain: End-user relevant research for food security
- Meaning: universal multisensorial meaning representation stimulating tailored information exchange
- The Ultimate Earth Project as an FET Flagship
- A Flagship European Programme on Extreme Computing and Climate
- FET Initiative in Sensory Restoration
- The New Capacity Building Programme Flagship Project
- A 4D Human Atlas: Charting Human Development and Ageing in Health and in Disease
- Biosensors for Point-of-Care Applications
- European Initiative for Regenerative Medicine
- ACE: ACcessible Europe
- Digital Health Flagship
- Forecast of the Energy Price
- Quantum Manisfesto
FET Flagships are science-driven, large-scale, multidisciplinary research initiatives built around an ambitious unifying vision. They tackle grand S&T challenges requiring cooperation among a range of disciplines, communities and programmes, including both academia and industry. They are designed by inception with the aim to convert scientific advances into technology developments, enabling concrete innovations that benefit Europe's society and economy. Their overarching nature and magnitude implies that they can only be realised through a federated and sustained effort (in the order of 10 years duration).