Permitting secure document workflows between EU and national institutions
Trusted Exchange Platform – e-Trustex
When is this action of interest to you?
You are a European public administration that needs to electronically exchange information with other entities in a secure way. e-TrustEx is a cross-sector, open-source, free-to-use tool that will help you to exchange structured and unstructured documents and to connect to pan-European e-delivery infrastructures with reduced investment.
What is this action about?
This action will provide a Trusted Exchange Platform (e-Trustex) to support information exchange in areas such as legislation and competition policy. The Platform will be based on the existing e-PRIOR infrastructure, developed for the e-procurement area.
What are the objectives?
- Demonstrating the re-usability of the e-Trustex platform in several sectors.
- Customising and extending e-PRIOR, in order to automate document workflows by exchanging XML metadata and any related attachments (such as legislative and non-legislative acts in PDF, Word, etc.) in electronic format via a reliable and secure platform with the respective counter parties.
- Definition of a holistic Architectural Vision through the analysis of the CIP Large Scale Pilots, e-PRIOR and other exchange platforms.
What are the benefits?
- switch from expensive registered post to large scale digital exchange of information;
- enable creation of a streamlined European ecosystem of electronic message exchange serving several sectors;
- support secure exchange of documents, reducing manual work and increasing the efficiency of the whole process;
- exchange other electronic business documents with other stakeholders;
- promote cost savings and improve efficiency, reduce time-to-market, ensuring interoperability with automated follow up of legislative procedures;
- open Source publication and possible reuse of experience, lessons learnt, specifications, tools and components;
- potential economies of scale bring indirect benefits for the EU taxpayer;
- a generic system which represents considerable progress for whole interoperability issue in Europe and important cost savings as system infrastructure would be reusable.
What are the next steps?
This action has run the following pilots:
- National Parliaments: 7 pilots in production & 5 under implementation (acceptance)
- Permanent Representations: 9 pilots in production & 2 under implementation
- EDMA pilot (DG COMP): ongoing (partly in production)
- The ASAP pilot is foreseen for the fourth quarter of 2015.
- e-TrustEx – Electronic Trusted Exchange of Documents - 25 November 2015
- e-TrustEx – 23 September 2014
- e-TrustEx – Plateforme d’échange de documents sécurisés
- e-TrustEx, e-PRIOR and CIPA e-Delivery - 21 October 2013
- e-Trustex - Dissemination of documents to National Parliaments