- Principles and Characteristics
- History of NUTS
- NUTS Maps (.pdf)
- Tercet – Territorial typologies
- Local Administrative Units (LAU)
- Statistical regions outside the EU
- Correspondence tables
- Statistics Illustrated
The current NUTS 2013 classification is valid from 1 January 2015 and lists 98 regions at NUTS 1, 276 regions at NUTS 2 and 1342 regions at NUTS 3 level.
The NUTS classification (Nomenclature of territorial units for statistics) is a hierarchical system for dividing up the economic territory of the EU for the purpose of :
- The collection, development and harmonisation of European regional statistics
- Socio-economic analyses of the regions
- NUTS 1: major socio-economic regions
- NUTS 2: basic regions for the application of regional policies
- NUTS 3: small regions for specific diagnoses
- Framing of EU regional policies.