- Browse statistics by theme
- Statistics A - Z
- Experimental statistics
- Bulk download
- Web Services
- Access to microdata
- GISCO:Geographical Information and maps
- SDMX InfoSpace
- Data validation
Data validation refers to any activity aimed at verifying that the value of a data item comes from a given set of acceptable values. Data validation may be followed by corrective actions, such as data editing or data imputation.
Data validation is a key task performed in all statistical domains. In order to increase overall data quality and workflow efficiency, the European Statistical System (ESS) is moving towards more harmonisation of validation activities.
In cooperation with ESS partners, Eurostat supports the effort towards more integration by:
- Defining common standards for validation;
- Providing common validation tools to be used by the ESS;
- Providing statistical, administrative and technical support in the implementation of the common standards and in the use of the common tools.
You can find more information about ESS validation services on our dedicated wiki.