Cohesion Policy and Spain
|Available languages :|
In 2014-2020, Spain will manage 22 operational programmes with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) ─ one for each of the nineteen regions plus two national programmes ─ and 23 operational programmes with funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) ─ one for each of the nineteen regions plus 4 national programmes.
How much will the EU invest in Spain from 2014-2020?
For 2014-2020, Spain has been allocated around € 28.6 billion (current prices) in total Cohesion Policy funding:
- € 2 billion for less developed regions (Extremadura)
- € 13.4 billion for transition regions (Andalucía, Canarias, Castilla-La Mancha, Melilla and Murcia)
- € 11 billion for more developed regions (Aragón, Asturias, Baleares, Cantabria, Castilla y León, Cataluña, Ceuta, Comunidad Valenciana, Galicia, La Rioja, Madrid, Navarra, País Vasco)
- € 643 million for European Territorial Cooperation
- € 484.1 million special allocation for the outermost regions
- € 943.5 million for the Youth Employment Initiative.
Of this, ESF in Spain will represent a minimum of € 7.6 billion, which represents 28.1% of the total Cohesion Policy (ERDF+ESF) allocation.
|More information :|