Cohesion Policy and Portugal
|Available languages :|
In 2014-2020, Portugal will manage eleven operational programmes under EU Cohesion Policy. Seven regional operational programmes will receive funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the European Social Fund (ESF). One operational programme will receive funding from the ERDF, the ESF and the Cohesion Fund. Two operational programmes will receive funding from the ESF. One operational programme will receive funding from the Cohesion Fund.
For 2014-2020, Portugal has been allocated around € 21.46 billion (current prices) in total Cohesion Policy funding:
- € 16.67 billion for less developed regions (Norte, Centro, Alentejo and Açores);
- € 257.6 million for transition regions (Algarve);
- € 1.28 billion for more developed regions (Lisboa and Madeira);
- € 2.86 billion through the Cohesion Fund;
- € 122.4 million for European Territorial Cooperation;
- € 115.7 million special allocation for the outermost regions;
- € 160.8 million for the Youth Employment Initiative.
Of this, ESF in Portugal will represent € 7.6 billion which will help redress the social impact of the economic crisis and support a job-rich recovery.
|More information :|