Interreg V-A - Italy-Croatia
The accession of Croatia to the European Union gave way to the establishment of the first cross-border "Interreg V-A" cooperation programme between Italy and Croatia. The programme will support cooperation across the Adriatic Sea with the objective to increase the prosperity and the blue growth potential of the area.
Through cross-border partnerships, the programme will enhance the local conditions for innovation in the blue economy sectors within the cooperation area. The programme will also improve the climate change monitoring and support the implementation of adaptation measures. This will increase the safety of the area from natural and man-made disasters by additionally implementing innovative and common spatial information systems. These systems will follow the interaction of all ecosystem components, including human activities that affect the environment. To secure environmental sustainability, the programme will also improve marine and coastal transport services and nodes by investing in port infrastructure and maritime transport thus promoting multimodality.
Finally, the programme intends to use the natural and cultural heritage as an engine for sustainable and more balanced territorial development by incorporating rural areas and ensuring a better spatial distribution of visitors' flow.
The programme will focus on the following five priorities:
- Blue innovation
- Safety and resilience
- Environmental and cultural heritage
- Maritime transport
- Technical Assistance
Some of the expected results
- New platforms, networks and supporting platforms to enhance the knowledge transfer and capitalization of achieved results in the field of the blue economy;
- Creation of cross-border supply chains by investing in research and innovation;
- Establishment of better coordinated collective emergency planning and preparedness for flood risks, including the improvement of existing early warning and decision-making support systems;
- Development of cross-border sustainable tourism products and services;
- Link between less targeted tourism itineraries and popular destinations to reduce pressure on main sites in the area;
- Development of cooperation strategies for preservation and promotion of natural and cultural heritage (also by reducing human pressure and seasonality);
- Development of models for species monitoring and testing sustainable fisheries models;
- Pilot activities for the implementation of technologies aimed at detecting marine debris (radar, sensor platform, managing of multispectral data, solutions to prevent marine debris);
- Harmonised administrative procedures and improvement of port quality management system for freight and passengers transport, connections with internal nodes and integrated logistic system;
- Development of a common vessel traffic centre to monitor area's vessel traffic and safeguard the environment.
- Jadranska Hrvatska
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 201,357,220.00 €
Total OP budget: 236,890,849.00 €
Total EU contribution: 201,357,220.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB042
Regione Veneto, Department for International Policies and Cooperation. Section MA of Italy-Croatia CBC Programme
+39 041 2795281
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Italy-Croatia