Multi-actor projects are projects in which end-users and multipliers of research results such as farmers and farmers’ groups, advisers, enterprises and others, are closely cooperating throughout the whole research project period.
Around half a billion euros have been allocated to fund nearly 100 multi-actor projects in the four first years of Horizon 2020 (2014-2017). Over 60 of these projects have already been selected for funding and around 40 additional projects are expected to be selected by the end of 2017.
Visit their websites, subscribe to their news, follow their social media accounts.
Creating value from land - sustainable primary production
- iSQAPER (MAA) - Interactive Soil Quality Assessment in Europe and China for Agricultural Productivity and Environmental Resilience: website - CORDIS (2014)
- LANDMARK (MAA) - LAND Management: Assessment, Research, Knowledge base: website - CORDIS (2014)
- SOILCARE (MAA) - Soil Care for profitable and sustainable crop production in Europe: website - CORDIS (2015)
Water and nutrient management
- FATIMA (MAA) - FArming Tools for external nutrient Inputs and water Management: website - CORDIS (2014)
- FERTINNOWA (MAA) - Transfer of INNOvative techniques for sustainable WAter use in FERtigated crops: website - CORDIS (2015)
- NoAW (MAA) - Innovative approaches to turn agricultural waste into ecological and economic assets: CORDIS (2015)
- AgroCycle (MAA) - Sustainable techno-economic solutions for the agricultural value chain: website - CORDIS (2015)
- DIVERSIFOOD (MAA) - Embedding crop diversity and networking for local high quality food systems: website - CORDIS (2014)
- TRADITOM (MAA) - Traditional tomato varieties and cultural practices: a case for agricultural diversification with impact on food security and health of European population: website - CORDIS (2014)
- TREASURE (MAA) - Diversity of local pig breeds and production systems for high quality traditional products and sustainable pork chains: website - CORDIS (2014)
Sustainable crop production
- NEURICE (MAA) - New commercial EUropean RICE (Oryza sativa) harbouring salt tolerance alleles to protect the rice sector against climate change and apple snail (Pomacea insularum) invasion: website - CORDIS (2015)
- GoodBerry (MAA) - Improving the stability of high-quality traits of berry in different environments and cultivation systems for the benefit of European farmers and consumers: website - CORDIS (2015)
- TomGEM (MAA) - A holistic multi-actor approach towards the design of new tomato varieties and management practices to improve yield and quality in the face of climate change: website - CORDIS (2015)
Sustainable livestock production
- iSAGE (MAA) - Innovation for sustainable sheep and goat production in Europe: website - CORDIS (2015)
Plant and animal health
- FEED-A-GENE (MAA) - Adapting the feed, the animal and the feeding techniques to improve the efficiency and sustainability of monogastric livestock production systems: website - CORDIS (2014)
Plant health - Pest management
- EMPHASIS (MAA) - Effective Management of Pests and Harmful Alien Species - Integrated Solutions: website - CORDIS (2014)
- nEUROSTRESSPEP (MAA) - Novel biocontrol agents for insect pests from neuroendocrinology: website - CORDIS (2014)
- POnTE (MAA) - Pest Organisms Threatening Europe: website (2014)
Enhancing rural innovation: modernising rural territories and policies
New openings for rural growth
Sustainable food and non-food value chains
- Strength2Food (MAA) - Strengthening European Food chain sustainability by Quality and Procurement policy: website - Twitter - CORDIS (2015)
- MyToolBox (MAA) - Safe Food and Feed through an Integrated ToolBox for Mycotoxin Management: website - CORDIS (2015)
- MycoKey (MAA) - Integrated and innovative key actions for mycotoxin management in the food and feed chain: website - CORDIS (2015)
- ALTERFOR (MAA) - Alternative models and robust decision-making for future forest management: CORDIS (2015)
- AGROinLOG (MAA) - Demonstration of innovative integrated biomass logistics centres for the Agro-industry sector in Europe: CORDIS (2016)
- IoF2020(MAA) - Internet of Food and Farm 2020: CORDIS (2016)
Enhancing the human and social capital
Go to the Thematic networks page.
- AgriDemo-F2F (MAA) - Building an interactive AgriDemo-Hub community: enhancing farmer to farmer learning: CORDIS (2016)
- PLAID (MAA) - Peer-to-Peer Learning: Accessing Innovation through Demonstration: CORDIS (2016)
How to apply for funding for a multi-actor project?
Next opportunities to apply to Horizon 2020 will be under calls 2018 (deadline in early February 2018). The Infoday will take place on 14 November 2017 in Brussels. The official publication of the work programme 2018-2020 including the calls is expected end of October 2017. Look at the WP 2016-2017 for topics.
Looking for inspiration and advice on how to build a multi-actor project? Watch the videos and presentations from the seminar "Interactive innovation in motion: multi-actor projects and thematic networks under Horizon 2020".