The high-level governance meeting of the European Platform of National Initiatives on Digitising Industry on 21 November 2017 gathered in Brussels representatives of Member States, national initiatives for digitising industry, European Public Private Partnerships and relevant European associations in order to discuss the next steps on the digitisation of European industry.
The discussions held during the meeting have led to the creation of 3 working groups that will further support the implementation of the Digitising European Industry (DEI) action plan.
Working Groups are key instruments to rapidly find information, collect best practices and formulate recommendations to the next high-level governance meeting.
Participation in the Working Group meetings is welcome. Please communicate us your interest.
Engaging Digital Innovation Hubs to support a broad range of SMEs, develop sustainable models for services and collaboration through the network of Digital Innovation Hubs, and help businesses with training and skills development activities. It includes a reflection on an investment programme supporting all businesses, notably SMEs, to invest in their digitisation.
22 January 2018, Brussels: How to motivate SMEs to engage with hubs and how hubs can create demand for the services of the SMEs.
21 February 2018, Brussels: Improving access to finance for SMEs and Digital Innovation Hubs
28 March 2018, Paris: Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum 2018, workshop on Digital Innovation Hubs
25 May 2018, Brussels: Networking among DIHs, the role of Member States and regions for the development of DIHs, and the catalogue of DIHs.
2 July 2018, Brussels: Digital Innovation Hubs role to help SMEs acquire the digital skills they need for their digital transformation.
7 November 2018, Brussels: SMEs needs on big data and Artificial Intelligence and how to reinforce the ecosystem of DIHs in these areas.
27-28 November, Warsaw: Digital Innovation Hubs Annual Event
Working Group 2- Public-Private Partnerships
Reflecting on future partnerships for research and innovation as a means for strategic programming at the EU level across European, national and regional programmes and as a vehicle for critical co-investments on Europe's key digital innovation challenges. For more information, see here.
- 6 March 2018, Brussels: How to improve synchronisation between partnerships and national programmes
- 28 March 2018, Paris: Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum 2018, workshop on Public-Private Partnerships, the past and the future
Working Group 3: Digital industrial platforms and standardisation
Reinforcing the pilot-based approach to jointly lead the global development of critical digital industrial platforms, including means to accelerate the essential standardisation of such platforms.
- 28 March 2018, Paris: Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum 2018, workshops on Digital Industrial Platforms and Pilots, and Standards for the leadership in digital technologies
- 13 June 2018, Brussels: Open workshop on standardisation support to the Digitising European Industry initiative
- 15 November, Brussels: Second open workshop on standardisation support to the Digitising European Industry initiative