Horizon 2020 offers the following funding opportunities exist for consortia of procurers:
- To prepare and undertake together a PCP or PPI procurement (see the calls for PCP actions or PPI actions).
- To cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs (see the calls for coordination and support actions)
The type of calls available per year are defined in the Horizon 2020 work programmes (e.g. for European Research Infrastructures, Information and Communication Technologies, Health, Security, Energy, Transport, Space and Climate Change / Environment).
Note that the funding rates were increased to 90% respectively 35% for the PCP respectively PPI actions from WP2016-17 onwards! Also from WP2017 onwards, proposers can choose between implementing one joint PPI procurement or several separate but coordinated PPI procurements!
The following ppts guide you through the core info about the calls for proposals:
- Modalities of the Horizon 2020 funding instruments in support of PCP and PPI. More detailed info in the general annexes of the Work Program here.
- How to find partners? Check out also this list of key ICT procurers in 10 key sectors of public interest across all Member States.
In addition to domain specific calls (e.g. in health, security), there are also 2 'open calls': ICT-34-2018 and IT-34-2019 are open to PCP actions in any area of public interest that needs innovative ICT based solutions
- Indicative Budget for ICT-34: € 6M in 2018 and € 6M in 2019
- Call deadline for ICT-34: 17 Apr 2018 and 28 March 2019
Information and networking in preparation of the 2018-19 innovation procurement related calls took place for example at the annual EU innovation procurement event in Tallinn on 17-18 October 2017.
To help procurers in H2020 funded PCPs and PPIs, the EC has published (last update October 2017) Guidance for PCP tender documents and Guidance for PPI tender documents: These guidance documents include templates for OJEU notices to announce the open market consultation, to launch the call for tender and to announce the winning bidders. There is also a template for the request for tenders (for PCPs this also includes a Framework Agreement covering the whole PCP and specific contracts for each PCP phase).