From release 3.3 onwards, the individual templates (Core, Standardised & Harmonised) can be found on the ECL as configurations of the structurally merged components (Site header, Page header & Footer), which now have a single, dedicated page. Concurrently, the EWG (Europa Web Guide) has also been updated to better accommodate information regarding the optionality of components & elements per site type. Please follow the corresponding links found in the table below for more information.
|Knowledge base||New location|
|EWG (Europa web guide)||Guidelines for EC branded Standardised websites - Footer(s)|
|ECL (Europa component library)||EC Footer component - Standardised config.|
The standardised footer is displayed at the bottom of every page in the website within the EC ecosystem. Corporate footer section is mandatory.
- make sure the pages contain all the elements in the anatomy table above
- group items together in the local content and place under a title (such as "Contact us", "Related sites") if they can be grouped, otherwise use without title
- don't use more than one footer per page
When to use
- always use a footer when building your page
When not to use
- do not follow these guidelines when you are updating sites that fall under a different category of the Europa family