What do we want to achieve?
The Aviation Strategy will enable European aviation to flourish globally.
The Aviation Strategy - proposal phase
On 7 December 2015, the Commission published a comprehensive strategy for the European aviation sector. The strategy contains the following policy proposals:
The Aviation Strategy - negotiation phase
Negotiations with the European Parliament and the Council will be conducted based on the Commission's proposals for the Aviation Strategy:
The Aviation Strategy - implementation phase
The implementation phase describes the realisation of the EU Aviation Strategy at EU and national level after the adoption of a proposal or an initiative.
- 13 June 2016 : Speech by Mobility & Transport Director-General Henrik Hololei at the International Aviation Club, Washington DC: "The Aviation Strategy of the European Union" [318 KB]
- 1 March 2016 : Statement by Commissioner for Transport Violeta Bulc following her meetings in Washington D.C.
- 29 February 2016 : Address by Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc before the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- 15 February 2016 : Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc at the Aviation Leadership Summit (Singapore)
- 21 January 2016 : Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc at the Aviation Summit: "Time for delivery"
- 7 December 2015 : Commission presents a new Aviation Strategy for Europe
- 7 December 2015 : Questions and Answers: A new Aviation Strategy for Europe